Please Note: The Office of Special Education, Central Registration and Pupil Personnel Services has now officially moved to E.W. Miles Middle School. The office is located on the North side of the building, on the first floor. All phone numbers and e-mail addresses have remained the same. For further information, please contact (631) 565-6552.
**PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS MUST REGISTER STUDENT(S) IN PERSON AT THE CENTRAL REGISTRATION OFFICE**
- Children Eligible for Pre-Kindergarten must be four years old on or before December 1, 2013.
- Pre-Kindergarten children are on a first come basis.
- Children eligible for Kindergarten must be five years old on or before December 1, 2013.
STATE LAW REQUIRES THAT THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS BE PRESENTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Written evidence from your physician or health clinic with doctor's original stamp, that your child has been immunized against Diphtheria (DPT), Polio, Measles, Rubella, Mumps. Three (3) doses of I hepatitis B Vaccine are also required. PRE-K CHILDREN MUST ALSO HAVE IMMUNIZATION AGAINST HEMOPHILUS INFLUENZA TYPE b (HIB). KINDERGARTEN CHILDREN MUST HAVE TWO (2) MEASLES VACCINES.
3. Two proofs of Residency for the Amityville School District, such as: (1) If a Homeowner - Mortgage statement or current tax bill, along with a current utility bill, bank statement; (2) If a Renter - Notarized current lease or Owner's Affidavit, homeowner's current morgage or current tax bill, along with a current utility bill or bank statement.
4. Updated Physical Examination
A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST ACCOMPANY THE CHILD. WE WILL NEED AN UPDATED COPY OF THE CHILD'S IMMUNIZATION RECORD.
General School Admission
To register for school you must appear in person with the following documents:
- Are five years of age on or before December 1st of the year of entrance (birth certificate required)
- Original Birth Certificate (showing child will be five years of age on or before December 1st of the year of entrance).
- Have proof of all required immunizations" and should now say "Certificate of immunizations from a physician, with official stamp of physician, that the child has received the following immunizations:
• DPT - three (3) doses of diphtheria toxoid
• Oral Polio - three (3) doses
• Measles - two (2) doses live vaccine, first after first birthday and second dose between ages of 15 months and six years
• Mumps - one (1) dose live vaccine after first birthday
• Rubella - one (1) dose live vaccine after first birthday
• Hepatitis B - three (3) doses
To register for school you must appear in person with the following:
Other information relative to student education:
- Updated Physical
- Previous School Records
- Special Education Documents, if applicable
- Legal Guardianship Paperwork, if applicable
- Driver's License or other Photo ID of person who is registering student
Immunization transcript must be signed by a doctor and must include the printed name, address and telephone number of the physician or clinic/medical group.
A Guide to the New Rules for School Registration (English) (Spanish)