Amityville UFSD has established a computer network and is pleased to offer Internet access for student use. Students will be issued a visible form of identification, recognizing them as Internet users. This will provide students access to a variety of Internet resources. In order for students to use the Internet, students and their parents and/or guardians must first read and understand the following acceptable use policies.
I. The computer network has been set up in order to allow Internet access for educational purposes. This includes classroom activities, research activities, peer review of assigned work and the exchange of project-related ideas, opinions and questions via email, message boards and other means.
2. Students will have access to the Internet via classroom, library and lab computer. Student access is limited to times deemed appropriate by the adult in charge.
3. Network users must respect resource limits and must remain within an allotted disk space. Users are responsible for deleting old emails or other files that may take up excessive amounts of storage space.
4. Students use of the Internet is contingent upon parent/guardian permission in the form of a signed copy of this Acceptable Use Policy. Parents/guardians may revoke approval at any time.
5. Material created and/or stored on the system is not guaranteed to be private. Network and school administrators may review the system from time to time to ensure that the system is being used properly. For this reason, students should expect that emails, material placed on personal Web pages and other work created on the network may be viewed by a third party.
6. Network users must keep their passwords private. Accounts and/or passwords may not be shared.
7. Network users are expected to adhere to the safety guidelines listed below.
1. The network may not be used to download, copy, or store any software, shareware or freeware without prior permission from the network administrator.
2. The network may not be used for commercial purposes. Users may not buy or sell products or services through the system without prior permission from the network administrator.
3. Use of the network for advertising or political lobbying is prohibited.
4. The network may not be used for any activity or to transmit any material that violates United States or local laws. This includes, but is not limited to, illegal activities such as threatening the safety of another person or violating copy right laws.
5. Network users may not use vulgar, derogatory or obscene language. Users may not engage in personal attacks, harassment, or post private information about another person.